Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blowup Doll

This is old stuff, but I'm back in a place where it fits me perfectly.

I'm everybody's blowup doll
I have no life
My mouth is open to accept your words
Or your venom
I have a skirt painted on
But it won't protect me

So pump me up
When you're ready to play
Have fun, deflate me
And put me away
I'll wait in my box
For one more day
Forever

I can't say what's wrong
Dolls can't talk
Can't get up and leave
Because dolls can't walk
I'm so naive
But I've been around the block

My eyes are open
But I see nothing ahead
I have all the fun
But I feel so dead
You ask me what's wrong
Then say it's all in my head
I've only one use
So put me to bed

You puncture my heart
And put tape on the tears
Everybody loves me
And nobody cares
I wish I could think
But my head's full of air
You say that you're sorry
But life isn't fair

(C) 2007 Skylar Blue

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to take you out of your box and just hold you 'til you feel you're real again!

    ReplyDelete