Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Grinding My Teeth

Been surfing the internet and reading opinion articles on BDSM, topping and bottoming, Domming and subbing, and switching. I've found some thoughtful, well-articulated pieces of writing. And they are fucking with my head.

What the hell am I doing, and more importantly, why the fuck am I doing it? I don't just mean this most recent fascination with topping. I mean all of it. I've been unable to articulate what I'm looking for, but unhappy with a lot of what I've found.

Reading about others' reasons for subbing, in particular, makes me realize that I don't seem to have a reason. I don't do it for my dom's pleasure. Apparently I don't do it for mine, either, since it feels like a stretch to say I enjoy it. It's become a battle, with neither of us giving or receiving the responses we want, and it sucks.


Someone mentioned a possibility for disagreements if one party wants to see submission given and the other wants to see it taken. Yeah, we've got that problem.

Someone posted the Plato quote, "He who is not a good servant will not be a good master." Sooo, I'm just going to suck at everything, then. Cuz I'm a shitty sub.

I posted a while back about having discovered the "real thing," the power play dynamic, and that was great while it lasted. But it's gone now. The only energy I seem to have these days is "Fucking fight me!" For any reason and no reason. I don't want a polite exchange and I don't want a game, I want a goddamn war.

I used to battle because I wanted to lose. It was a way of handing over the power. But I don't lose anymore, because I won't stop when a reasonable person should. I will sacrifice anything, including my health and my sanity, to win. And what the fuck do I win? Frustration that I couldn't lose.

If I could read one thing into all of this, it's that I'm harboring a lot of anger. My frustration became bitterness and then resentment, and now I just want to scream and cry and rant and beat things. I can't submit to Aiden because it makes me feel like less of a person. I know in theory that's not what it's about, and I know that's not what he's trying to get out of me, but I've been blinded and I've forgotten all the rest except this ball of rage I've become.


No comments:

Post a Comment